Friday, June 15, 2007

5 Years Baby!


Today is our 5th Wedding Anniversary!! I cannot believe it. It feels like we were just married, but at the same time it feels like we have been married and friends forever. In 5 years, we have had great times and we have had rough times, but I wouldn't trade anything. Those great and rough times have only made our marriage what it is today, strong. I am so thankful that I have Jonathan to share my life with. He is strong where I am weak and he has such a caring and helpful heart. I truly am blessed.

I knew our marriage would last because we survived a disastrous honeymoon. Five years ago I couldn't laugh at it, but now...I just have to.

Lets see...it started off great. We spent our first night in a great hotel in Seattle. Well...we almost flooded our hotel room with bubbles from the jetted tube (make a note people...you either use the jets or you use bubble bath, not both) and Jonathan almost lost a finger when he reached into his bag and sliced his finger on his razor.

Our next adventure was to a cabin not to far away, but nice and secluded with a great view of the water. Some family had stocked up the cabin with stuff for us and we were looking forward to just a relaxing week together. Well disaster stuck again. The second night we were there, we had just settled down to watch a movie when all of a sudden...Kaydee was not feeling so well. I spent all night in the bathroom. I didn't know whether to sit on the toilet and hug a waste basket or hug the toilet and hope for the best. I was so sick. I thought maybe I had food poisoning, but it didn't pass...I had the worst flu of my life. The next day I was still feeling so sick and I couldn't get out of bed. We decided to pack up and head home where I could be more comfortable in my own bed. Jonathan was so sweet. He let me just sleep while he packed up all our stuff and cleaned the cabin.

Now comes the even bigger disaster and embarrassment...We had to take a ferry to get home and I was just sicker than a dog so we stayed in the car. Remember when I said earlier that I didn't know whether to sit on the toilet and hug a waste basket or hug the toilet and hope for the best? WELL...lets just say the the best did not happen in the car. There I was a grown woman who crapped her pants next to her husband while sitting in the car. I just cried and he laughed. I sat in "it" all the way home. I was mortified. But again...Jonathan came to my rescue. While I waited in the car, he went in the apartment, started a bath, came back with a towel for me to hide my "accident", got me in the house and settled in the bath, and then went back out to the car to clean it up. Now that is love.

Jonathan, I love you!
Here is to many more years of fond memories together.

No comments: