Friday, May 25, 2007

Compliment or Foot Fetish?


The other day I was getting gas at Costco (because it is the cheapest place around). They always have some nice person walking around if you need help, and that day he decided to come and converse with me. We shall call him "Bob", an elderly man who could be my grandfather.

I was just standing there watching the dollars fly by when I noticed that "Bob" was standing close by staring down towards my feet. Not trying to stare myself, I just continued looking at the pump. Then he spoke.

Bob: "Did you do your pedicure?"

Me: "Yes I did." (Embarrassed that it's nowhere near professional)

Bob: "It's just beautiful. You did a great job. You could go into business doing that. You know people make a lot of money doing that? "

Me: "Really?" (Freaking out now and wishing the the pump would stop so I could speed away)

Bob: Proceeded to tell me about his wife and daughter, where they went to get pedicures, and how it cost a fortune, all while continuing to stare at my feet.

2 comments:

Pops... said...

Gosh ... They are such lovely feet. I suppose it could be a compliment. What if it wasn't? What if the guy really does have a foot fettish? He was staring ... didn't you say that?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! Cute feet huh? Must get it from dad.