Saturday, May 26, 2007

Like Butter!

This morning while fixing pancakes, I had to laugh at myself because of a little quirk I have.

There is just something about opening a new tub of butter. It is truly a work of art. Call me crazy, but I love the look. The rings remind me of a tree stump and that little cute dome in the middle always has a curly-Q like on a hot fudge sunday.

As a child I remember how excited I would get when my mom would open a new tub of butter. I always wanted to be the first one to dip my knife into it and take the little dollop in the middle. When someone had beaten me to it, I was genuinely crushed. I know, I know it's weird.

Back of the line people. I'm first!

1 comment:

Libby said...

the guy whose wedding i went to this weekend used to give sticks of butter as gifts.

guess you're not so weird after all :)