Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday 13th

I'm not a superstitious person, but with the morning I have been having, I just might have to be. Lets see....where to begin. I left the house this morning to do my normal routine of picking up and dropping off of work when I realized I left my cell phone at home. Upon realization, I started dramatizing in my head every situation that might happen to me where I would need a cell phone, i.e. breaking down on the highway, flat tire, and car accident. Oh, and if any of those happened and someone would come to my rescue...they might abduct me. I have such a wild imagination. Next I hit a thunder and lightening storm and my car died...twice. First thought...my worst imagination is coming true. Second thought...$$$. Is it possible that because I was in a thunder and lightening storm, the lightening is the reason my car died?? Who knows. I got the car running again and continued on my way. At my next stop, I discovered that I have a huge nail in my front tire. Now, the nail in the tire I don't believe is related to Friday 13th. I think this is directly related to the Lord punishing me for leaving the church board meeting last night in a bit of frustration. (We are currently in a building project and there are many nails and screws that have been left in our parking lot.) But that is besides the point. I found it on Friday 13th, so it gets thrown into the bucket with everything else that has happened today. When I got home I was looking forward to getting some lunch and starting my work. Well, the garage door opener would not work. Not a problem, I will just go up to the garage door and type in the code and get in. That doesn't work either. Hmmm...odd. I will just use my key to get in the front door. Nope, that would be in the house because I forgot to put it back on my keys after leaving it for the house sitter while we were gone. No worries, I will just go over to the neighbors to get the spare. Nope, they are gone for the weekend. Okay, I will call my mom to have her drive 20 min. to let me in. No, I DON'T HAVE MY CELL PHONE and I don't want her to have to come all this way just to let me in. So what can I do?? I think I left 1 window open. Please Lord, let there be 1 window open. Yes, there is!! I climbed in to discovered the reason for the garage door not opening is because the electricity went out in the thunder and lightening storm. Thank goodness 15 min. later it came back on so I could share my lovely morning with you all. Does anyone have some chocolate because I sure could use some?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a crazy morning! That's the best Friday the 13th story I've ever heard. Too bad no one got a picture of you climbing through that window. I guess if you hadn't been able to get in, you could have watered your plants or rinsed your car with you really cool hose! Did you get your chocolate?

Arndt's said...

I know isn't that crazy. When Jonathan came home he took me to DQ for a hot fudge sunday. That helped. Not good for the diet, but helped.