Friday, June 8, 2007

Welcome To KAT...

Kaydee Arndt Transcription that is. This is where I work. Yep, I work from home as a medical transcriptionist. What is a medical transcription you ask? Well, have you ever seen your doctor walking around the office talking to himself? He isn't. He is dictating your office visit into a dictaphone. I then get the little itty-bitty tape and transcribe it onto the computer and it gets printed out and sent back to the doctor's office to go into the chart. I know, very technical work, but I love it.

Let me give you a little tour.


This is my desk. As you can see, everything is easily accessible and I cannot keep it clean. I try, but it always goes back to looking like this. I have everything I need here.

Lets see, we have the ancient Compaq Presario (don't laugh, we do have a newer much nicer computer, but this piece of crap is what I use). We have all the sticky notes with the words that I can never remember how to spell around the blue screen of death. (again don't laugh, spelling was not my favorite subject in Homeschool land).

I have a printer that doesn't work with the ancient piece of crap, so it just holds tea for when it is tea time. Miscellaneous papers, the house phone, the cell phone, plastic bag (not quite sure why that's there), transcribing machine, more sticky notes, the "pretty in pink" highlighter, tapes to work on (I am more than halfway done today), dictionary, medical dictionary, glass of water, pictures of family (everyone has to have those on their desk), and my favoritest thing of all...


...my Marvin The Martian coffee cup pen holder.

Well, that concludes the tour for today. Please return all listening devises to the front desk. The bathroom is down the hall to the left. The cafeteria is close and we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you today. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

yeah! i found you! love the new blog... and looking forward to more to come!