Monday, June 11, 2007

There Is Hope For Me Yet!

Well (feeling a bit frustrated)....since the ancient computer referred to in my last post is on the fritz today (I think that it's time to upgrade don't you?) and I can only take so much of the laundry and house cleaning, I decided to experiment with my hair after a lesson at lunch from Whoorl.

See, I have very straight hair. Not even a hint of a curl or wave. Very sad I know, but it's true. I've always wanted curly hair. ( I can hear my mom now..."If you had curly hair, you would want straight hair."...and she is probably right.) I even went as far as getting, on more than one occasion in fact, the very-awkward-hideous-never-should-have-done-that spiral perm in the early 90's.


Yikes! It doesn't look anything like I wanted it to.

I also tried using curling irons (apparently the wrong way...I didn't know you weren't supposed to use the clampy part), but my hair just doesn't hold curl very well unless I use a whole can of hairspray and then my hair just looks and feels nasty...and like I used a whole can of hairspray. Funny how that works. So eventually I gave up. I would have to come to terms with the fact that my hair was just going to be straight. And for many years I haven't done anything with it. It's been the short straight and the long straight. Currently it is the long straight so I can just throw it up in the messy ponytail and forget about it. But after the lesson today....I think there is hope for my hair. Praise the Lord!!!


My arms sure feel fatigued from holding the curling iron up over my head for so long. (I'm sure I will build up those muscles and get faster.) Now I haven't perfected it yet, but with practice, I think I am on the road to success.

Things to add to shopping list:
1. Good hair product.
2. Ceramic curling iron.
3. Get eyebrows waxed!! (Man, how did I let those get so unruly??)

Now back to house work and laundry, but with my new sexy locks.


2 comments:

Leanne said...

kaydee your hair is so long! and curly! very nice, i like. i also read whoorl's hair lesson this morning and had no clue that we weren't supposed to use the clampy thing. where was i on the day they taught hair 101? and i too started considering buying a ceramic curling iron... but then i came crashing back to reality and remembered that i already have curly hair (which i wish was straight)!

Arndt's said...

Thank you! I was getting to the point where I was thinking that maybe, just maybe it might be time to go back to the short straight look, but I now have renewed love and affection for my boring long straight look. I think I will keep it.

And they really should print that you aren't supposed to use the clampy thing on the box of the curling iron. Then we would all know. Or better yet...don't even put the clampy thing on the curling iron. Now that is a great idea!